31. January 2012 20:51
This is another scene that I have been shooting for five years. Every year, the scene is different. Some years, the colours are intense with yellows and oranges,and others they are muted. On this day, after the rain cleared, the light was overcast with warm highlighting on the leaves and trunks. For me, the placement of the river and the dead aspens is integral to the composition. This image was shot using hyper-focal focus.
19. January 2012 12:55
With Australia Day just around the corner, on January 26th in fact, be prepared to put your best Aussie bush hat on and get stuck in to celebrate 224 years for Down Under.
Pioneers and Superstars – Friday, January 27, 2012
Join in the celebration of Australia Day with a wine tasting that explores the long history and success of her 188 year old wine industry. house wine and Pioneers and Superstars will feature over 120 wines from 37 wineries. You will discover producers who helped shape the industry as we know it now, and, as the face of Australian wine continues to change, those who are leading the charge forward. Treat your palate in Penfolds’ Luxury Lounge (for some of Australia’s most iconic wines), sample new wines from Bird in Hand, Cumulus, Fraser Gallop, Plunkett Fowles and Tscharke and toast pioneers such as Casella, De Bortoli, Langmeil, Lindemans and Peter Lehmann.
The following are just some of the highlights.
- 2010 Brokenwood, Semillon, Hunter Valley, $24
- n/v Buller, Fine Old Muscat, Victoria, $40
- 2009 Grant Burge, ‘Filsell’, Shiraz, Barossa, $43
- 2007 Greenstone, Shiraz, Heathcote, $39
- 2008 Penfolds, ‘Yattarna’, Chardonnay, Tasmania/Adelaide, $110
- 2006 Peter Lehmann, ‘Eight Songs’, Shiraz, Barossa, $45
- 2010 Plunkett Fowles, ‘Ladies who Shoot their Lunch’, Riesling, Strathbogie Ranges, $40
- 2008 Rosemount, ‘Balmoral’, Syrah, McLaren Vale, $75
- 2009 Shaw + Smith, Sauvignon Blanc, Adelaide Hills, $30
- 2005 Tahbilk, ‘Eric Stevens Purbrick’, Cab Sauvignon, Nagambie Lakes, $60
- 2009 Wirra Wirra, ‘RSW’, Shiraz, McLaren Vale, $59
- 2007 Wolf Blass, Black Label, Cab Sauvignon, Shiraz, Malbec, Langhorne/Barossa Valley/McLaren Vale, $100
Be prepared for plenty of surprises as Australia pulls out all the stops on her 224th birthday!
Date: Friday, January 27th, 2012
Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Venue: Harrison Galleries
901 Homer Street, Vancouver, BC
21. November 2011 20:59
Kiff Holland November 30th to Dec 14th, 2011
It is with great pleasure that we invite you and your friends to join us on Wednesday, November 30th, for the opening night of Kiff Holland's show of new works. Kiff once again brings us his unparalleled talents as a artist, sharing with us his great talent for painting subject matter that we have all come to love and enjoy by this very versatile artist. So mark your calenders and join us to view these works in person.
25. September 2011 16:38
It is with great pleasure that we invite you and your friends to join us on Wednesday, October 5 to for the opening night of Victoria Block's first solo show in Vancouver. Meet the artist and enjoy an evening of unforgettable colour and texture.
Victoria's paintings take the viewer on a beautiful visual journey. Through her eyes you will see skies meeting gardens with an explosion of colour to warm the hearts and delight the senses.
Born in Ithaca, New York in 1953, Victoria Block is a landscape painter and ceramicist who lives and works in Montreal. She studied at York University in Toronto and obtained her BFA from Concordia in 1978. Since then she has regularly exhibited in solo and group shows and her work is in public and private collections around the world.